ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
China will ease entry restrictions for foreigners inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines made in China.
- Starting from 15 March 2021, travelers who have received COVID-19 vaccines made in China and obtained vaccination certificate will enjoy facilitation for visa applications.
- As of 17 March 2021, several Chinese embassies overseas, including but not limited to United States, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, and Philippines, have published details for the visa application on their websites.
- The applicants should have been inoculated with the COVID-19 vaccines produced in China, either having received two doses of vaccines made in China with the stipulated time gap in between or having received a single dose of the vaccine produced in China at least 14 days prior to the application. In addition, the applicants should obtain the relevant vaccination certificate too.
- The eligible applicants include:
- Foreign nationals to resume work in China and their family members
- Foreign family members of Chinese citizens or permanent residents of China (i.e. spouse, parents, children, and other relatives close relatives living together)\
- Business travelers who hold valid APEC business travel card