ENTERING RECOVERY PHASE
Brunei commenced second phase of vaccination programme.
- On 21 June 2021, Brunei commenced its second phase of vaccination programme, which was targeted at teachers, childcare staff and adults at high risk or suffering from chronic diseases.
- Vaccination slots can be booked through the BruHealth app, from 16 June onwards.
- Meanwhile, Brunei received its first batch of COVID-19 Moderna vaccine on 20 June, and it will be administered alongside other approved vaccines by the Brunei Darussalam Medicines Control Authority (BDMCA).
- These vaccines include Pfizer BioNTech, AstraZeneca, China’s Sinopharm, and Johnson and Johnson.
- All Brunei citizens and residents, including foreign nationals with a valid identification card, can receive the COVID-19 vaccination for free.